Thursday, November 29, 2012

Update Blog!

Well, I have been M.I.A for a while.

I'm sorry.

BUT

I can make it up to you with all the wonderful pictures below.

First Stop is Verona, Italy!
Verona is where I tried to stay warm by drinking too much wine and brandy. Even with the rain and wind, I had so much fun!
Did I tell you it's COLD here?!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yep super-duper cold.

I went with my lad, Felix.  We ate, drank, met Juliet's statue, wrote her letters about our love lives, and best of all.... sang Christmas carols while walking around this dazzling, but small city.
Yeah, I guess we had a little too much to drink :)

My family and our family-friends (The Crawfords) have a wonderful tradition in America to go around our neighborhood singing Christmas carols.  This is not a common tradition in contemporary America AT ALL.
Everyone who answers the door is usually very confused, but soon delighted to watch us freeze our butts off drinking wine and completely destroying the lyrics.

I have the worst the best voice ever.
Now imagine a choir-singing British fella, who seriously has been caroling door to door his whole life.  His family really sits around the piano singing "Hark the Harold Angels Sing, ....." together while drinking a stiff.

JUST LIKE THE MOVIES!!!!
After a while I sensed Felix was embarrassed for me so I just shut it and listened to his angelic baritone voice.  What a day.

Excuse the blurry pictures… it was raining the whole time.


Second Stop is Parma, Italy!

I went to Parma with the thought of eating the most cheese and wine anyone could consume in a lifetime. This wasn’t exactly what happened. Aurelio was laughing at Laura and I because we wanted to buy a big wheel of Parmesan cheese.  This would not go to waste in our house… We eat pasta at least 4 times a week and snack on cheese every single day. Apparently, buying Parmesan cheese in Parma, Italy is the same thing as buying it all around Italy. Nobody understood why we wanted to buy cheese in this particular city.

We couldn’t find a solo cheese shop. I guess you have to drive to a farmer’s house to buy a wheel of fresh, fresh Parm. If there is anyone in Italy reading this, who would like to drive us to a farmer’s house in Parma, Italy I will give you a hug and share my wheel.  Promise.

We walked around, had a scrumptious lunch, and drank the fresh local wine. Remember those grapes that I picked earlier this year?  It is now made into wine out for people to drink! Cool huh?  Not necessarily Prosecco, but a local wine grown in the Emilia region.
 
 
 
 

Halloween came and went.  Laura carved her FIRST pumpkin ever. She did a great job… I supervised while eating our baked seeds (just not the same without Seasoning Salt…sad).

Laura L O V E D her pumpkin.  Seriously, she kept a candle lit inside every moment she was home. She would bring it in the bedroom when it was time to go to bed and back in the kitchen during the day. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. No candy for this girl, just get her a pumpkin to carve and she will be happy for a week!  I think her and Aurelio like the silly American traditions.

Here are more fun photos.
Yummmmmmm
Chocolate Fair!
Making pasta

So classy
Guess what?!

I have the best news ever ever ever… My sister, Jessi is coming to Italy in 3 days!!  I think I might pee my pants. I miss my family and having her come see where I live is going to be fun, fabulous, and my favorite time in Italy thus far I’m sure.

If you know us then you know we are major silly-willys together. I don’t think this country will be able to handle our spirited nature :) Blog to come!


Ciao Ciao,
meliss






2 comments:

  1. Italy managed to survive Snookie and Deena and the rest of the Jersey Shore Guidos I think they will be fine with You and Jessi! :)
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete