Sunday, September 23, 2012

All about Bologna


Can I tell you how much I LOVE this city!  Bologna is a small city similar in size to San Fran, but a lot less in population.  There are a MILLION little stores everywhere!  The history behind these buildings is hard to take in… I am going to pee my pants when I go to Rome.  Oh and that is another thing that is so great, I can be in Florence in an hour and Rome in 3 via train. 

Things are going great here.  Everything is lining into place.  Sorry for those of you who read my last blog and were scared, but the truth is that everything I experience isn’t all great.  I wanted to write a blog to tell my friends and family my experiences here and that sometimes means good and bad.  More good than bad of course… I’m in Italy for goodness sakes :) I just want everyone to realize that this is my journey and my personal blog and I think when I look back I will remember what a growing experience this is even if I sometimes need to vent.  For those of you who have given me encouraging words this last week… thank you!  I needed it.

I am not going to write much, but want to show my pictures of this city.  The city is a University town so there are A LOT of students from all over the world.  I hear about 4 different languages walking through the streets.  It cracks me up that everyone here just sits.  I mean literally they just sit and people watch all day.  They drink and sit, eat gelato and sit, talk and sit.  People are so laid back here just taking in the scenery. 

I am trying to work on my Italian because I finally found a place that does not speak dialect!  This will take some time, but everyone is very patient and kind.

Piazza Maggiore


 Sleeping like a true traveler



 Amazing Book Fair

University students doing who knows what...
 This is my favorite coffee shop with good food and many books to read
 In my element... am I in NYC?

 Live music and balloon animals? Random Sunday











 Normal night just sitting and drinking


 French fries on pizza... I had to try



 Excuse my photos taken at night.  This city is known as the "Dark City" because it is so dark here at night... makes sense :)

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.  Good job Wolfpack! Proud of you!  

Ciao,
Meliss

No comments:

Post a Comment