Friday, August 17, 2012

Birthday Gal


25th Birthday!!!!

Who can say they spent their 25th birthday in Venice…. Oh yeah this girl.

We live right outside Treviso, Italy, which is only a 30 min train ride to Venice.  It is absolutely beautiful to say the least. I only took SOME photos because I wanted to actually look and take it all in.  Plus I knew that I am able to go there in only 30 min if I want to again!

I am guilty of not reading up on the history of Venice so do not know much about the buildings, but when I go again I am for sure going to have a good idea of certain buildings I will want to see.  It is HUGE so we only walked for three hours, but still there is so much more to see.

There are people there from all over the world and definitely very touristy.  Luckily, we have Marco who speaks Italian and Dialect so we were able to find a little place to eat for cheap.  Dialect in similar to what we call slang in the states.  Dialect is very hard to understand and there is different Dialect in almost every different town. 

The pictures don’t do Venice justice, but I tried!















After walking so much we took a water taxi back to the train station. I recommend this to anyone going to Venice because it gives you a different view from the water.  Make sure you get a good spot on the taxi because you are all crammed and you can be stuck in the middle with no view.






Once we got back to Treviso area where I live we went to a local BBQ place.  There are picnic tables where we sit and a waitress comes to take our order.  We ordered wine and a platter of different local BBQ food.  It is so funny; they just drop a huge bottle of wine and glasses and walk away.  I could write a whole blog about the different wines I have tasted here. Yum yum yum.  They have French fries here, but cook their sausage, ribs, and chicken with only olive oil and spices.  No BBQ sauce.

Some food I have tasted I LOVE and some ehhhhh not so much.  I am open to try everything though.





I will write again tomorrow all about the food Marco has cooked for me.  Also I want to share my adventures grocery shopping. It is common for people to go grocery shopping for fresh food almost every other day.  We are also going to the Farmers Market tomorrow in downtown Treviso, so that should be fun.  I also need to buy a new book.  Cross your fingers I can find a book in English:)   

Ciao,
Meliss

1 comment:

  1. The posts and the name of your blog are great! Good choice! I will be going to Grandpa's sometime this weekend so I will bring my computer so he can see the blog and Iwill set it up on his computer too! It was great to talk to yu on Skype today!!! Love you bunches!

    April

    ReplyDelete