Friday, August 17, 2012

Start to a New Adventure

 I wrote this awhile ago, but still going to post it :)


Well here I am in Dusseldorf, Germany waiting for my connecting flight to Italy.  I have so much to write already!  Traveling to another country is crazy!!  Let’s just say International Airlines are VERY different than I am used to.  I sat on a plane yesterday for three and half hours while waiting to take off in Vegas when they said we needed more fuel, and then canceled the flight!  We all got off the plane and were directed to get our luggage, which took another 3 hours to get from the plane.  Organization is not Air Berlin’s forte to say the least.  Thank goodness for my best friend Jillian picking me up in the middle of the night, taking me home, and taking me back to the airport at 7 in the morning to start the whole process over again.  Thank you Jillian!!  I LOVE you so much.

Now lets get to the positive aspects of my trip so far.  I had an open seat next to me during my 10 1/2 hour flight so I was able to sleep comfortably for about 7 hours haha.  I will say Air Berlin at least gives out great gifts such as socks, sleeping masks, earphones, and toothbrushes!  Very nice of them :)

I think I am one of 5 other American’s on the flight so needless to say everyone was speaking German, which is seriously the HARDEST language to understand in my opinion.  Everyone has been very polite and tries to speak a little English, which is nice.  I just can’t wait to get to Italy and be with Emily and Marco (the couple I am going to be living with for awhile).

Oh and Emily told me Marco is going to cook me Linguine and Clam Sauce (my favorite meal of all time) tomorrow night for dinner.  Emily says Marco is an amazing chef and loves cooking pastas with their fresh local seafood…. ummm can you say heaven for this girl! 

I will update you after I celebrate my birthday Italian style with wine, wine, and more wine :)

Oh and just if you were wondering… little German kids are just as loud and annoying as American kids!  Sorry there is a kid next to me yelling as loud as he can while the parents just watch.  I think I need coffee lol

Thank you all for your support on this once in a lifetime adventure I am taking.  God has truly blessed me to be able to meet new friends and learn a whole new culture.  I am not taking any of this for granted that’s for sure.

Excuse my grammar errors.  I am not the best writer.

Love
-Meliss

No comments:

Post a Comment